lundi 21 mars 2011

Why Overloaded Ark?

Well, it`s because of our unfortunate habit of picking up animal waifs and strays.  You see, when we first moved in here permanently with nobbut a black sortoflabrador and a budgie, we felt the need of a cat. Everybody needs a cat to sit on knees and to put out at night, etc so we asked Blanche at the goat farm if she had any kittens.  Kim fell for a ginger ball of fluff but I said I`d prefer the siamese look-alike litter- mate.  Well why don`t we take both she said...  Two days later when the mother was run over outside the farm gate we had an emergency take over of two very wild cats and it was only by adroit footwork that I avoided adopting the rest of the litter.  Then we needed a cat flap , but this proved an invitation to other hungry mouths to try us out for adoption . I`ll tell you about the others some other time if you insist.
  Then it was dogs.  Our old `lab` died by hurling himself from a cliff when we were on holiday in the Alp s ( most traumatic ) And was replaced by a pup who turned out to be a threequarter-scale model of an Alsation.  As she pulls heartily Kim said she`d like a small dog to walk and sit on her knee  Toffee scorns knees and I found myself walking the two. The Walrus said he could not do with more than two to give a hand to each.  However my protests were to no avail when a stray Beagle-like bitch arrived at the door a few months ago  Now it`s two in one hand and one in the other

  I`ll try to upload some photos and sign off now before I bore you to tears...

1 commentaire: