mardi 22 mars 2011

Lets start at the beginning

A bit about how it all began and to introduce the Ark personnel. Well, there`s me, retired insurance claims investigator , my wife Kim non-retired household engineer and gardener etc  what used to be called a housewife before woman`s lib (ow, dont hit me) She was a nurse before her back let her down .Perhaps blog etiquette requires us to be known as Noah and Mrs Noah?  Answers on a ten-pound note would be gratefully received and disregarded. I have also worked for the Admiralty Armament Supply, Naval Stores. Curries Ltd, Inland Revenue,Ash Instruments as a Dental instrument filer, and finally for CIS Insurance.
The Ark passengers are Jilly, Toffee and Laika ,dogs ,about fifteen cats who all have names but will have to wait to be introduced, Toto a ram, Segolene a ewe and Rosie, their daughter, another ewe as I am sure the more alert of you will have worked out,
We live in a stone cottage in a hamlet called La Mort Limouzin near the village of Loubille One of whose claims to fame is that it harbours Jaqui and Adrian and their site Special places in France. We have lived here very happily for almost nine years and I`ll tell you more of how we spend our time when I know you better...
How did the Noah family come to end up in this rural Arrarat I hear you ask (or perhaps I don`t it may be just tinnitus. Well it started in the eighties when we were looking for some income to boucler les bouts de notre mois. A French organisation was doing cultural stays for students to learn English and was paying well for digs with Plymouth families. We acted as hosts to several girls one of which,Cecile, has remained firm friends ever since. She invited us to her wedding much later and the wild weekend we spent then gave us a taste for France which has never flagged  I`ll try to upload a couple of photos and continue this saga in my next

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire