mercredi 23 mars 2011

Revenons a nos moutons..

I promised you some pics yesterday but due to a shocking rebellion of my I Mac I couldn`t upload them. I have beaten it into submission, so here are shots of Noah and Mrs Noah with some passengers. Isn`t it TEDIOUS waiting for photos to upload? I must remember to have tea and biscuit or a book to hand to pass the time
  Regarding the title, Mrs Noah has remarked that she has told Shem and Ham ( or rather our daughters in the UK ) that they can keep in touch with the activities of their revered (?) parents by clicking on the site.  As I have been waffling on about the eighties this is debatable so I think I should include some current events.
  It`s SPRING here in Poitou Charente so some gardening jobs are de rigeur Mrs N has been held  up by a painful back but is now madly planting seeds  With the help of a very part-time gardener we have ploughed our potato and veg patch but nothing is yet coming up. In the case of the spuds this is scarcely odd as they are not yet in the ground! Onions and shallots are however. As you may know I am not a gardening enthuthist but am happy to cut grass or rotivate. Anything thatis tha doesn`t involve digging in any form...
   However one Spring ritual I do secretly enjoy and that is pruning our three grapevines Luckily the vines ( or treills ) seem resistant to my well-known brown fingers and produce leaves and grapes in abundance later, though at present the are doing their dead plant act. As they may be over a hundred years old and have trunks like trees I am optimistic that they will come up tp scratch. The nearby one on the old buildings is,I am told , a baccou (dont know how to spell it ) This gives me a little thrill of lawlessness as it is illegal to grow as the wine made from it drives you mad!  As we use it for a very tasty grape jelly we feel unlikely to succome.( Don`t know how to spell that either and the machine has redlined every comb and perm ) We did try to make wine with it one year but you would have to be already mad to drink such a sour concoction...
  Another recent event is the re-roofing of our little building on the other side of the road  Goodness knows why it was included in our domain possibly someone lost it in a card game?  anyway we seldom go in it and the roof beam rotted due to an unseen leak causing partial collapse. I was afraid to climb on it as it looked ready to fall down altogether so we had it redone by a local  Have picked up lots of good tips on roofing!  Now it`s finished looks real fine with some new skylights  When we can afford it we are going to make a garage door so the building can at last serve a useful purpose
  Well enough is enough and I will post this before it all disappears into thin air and breaks my heart!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire