jeudi 19 janvier 2012

Weather or not.



I know I keep mentioning the weather or the climate but it`s an English habit, isn`t it?  In fact the weather this year has been very different from  that of 2011. Then the winter could be best described by the old rhyme--

         First it rained and then it snew
         And then it frizz and then it thew
         And then it snew again
.
This year the season started with a very dry Autumn, continued with mild temperatures over Christmas to well into January, with no snow at all  then shocked us with a fortnight of freezing temperatures and has now thawed again. There`s still plenty of time for snow I suppose, but I hope not. Pretty chaotic this year, and reminiscent of the old adage that Climate is what you expect, but weather is what you get.

   Bye for now, I`m off to tap the barometer.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire