vendredi 6 janvier 2012

Histoires de notre Moulin..

In my last blog I mentioned the thrill of recognition we bloggers get from time to time when someone mentions that our efforts have amused or interested them. However, sometimes the mention is somewhat more disturbing. I am a great fan of a blog called LeftBankManc which is written by a young Manchester girl, who has left her native town to take an au paire job and a waitressing job in Paris. If you haven`t seen this blog, I urge you to try it, you can find it on Google easily enough. The trials and tribulations of LBM make fascinating if horrendous reading, and she shows no reticence in detailing her riotous life in the City of Light, made more eventful by a liking for drunken clubbing, an inability to learn much French and an assorted love-life. But what struck me and Kim the other day was her horror in finding that her mum had become a reader! She had hoped to remain anonymous but a kindly relative blew the gaff... Doesn`t seem to have cramped her style or increased her discretion, though, thank goodness.
   I had a similar, though milder second thought the other day when my sister Catherine mentioned she had read the blog of our Christmas menus.( Hello, Cath if you`re there!)  I had given her the title so she could find the Ark, and our lifestyle is as far from the excesses of LBM`s as is possible to imagine but still I had a momentary qualm.  It`s not that I think she`ll criticise our lifestyle but I fear she may correct my grammar or style....Well, never mind the first qualification for a blogger is  the ability to ignore all comment which is not complimentary. Any audience is good, feel free to look all you like, whoever you are!

         Bye for now!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire