vendredi 1 avril 2011

Four wheels bad, two wheels good...

I found this photo of me and my Triumph 21 taken in the early `sixties ( the era, not me! ) Wasn`t I a handsome lad?! And weren`t the bikes better-looking than the feeble 50 cc `scramblers or the overweight and under-powered scooters that are all the rage in France?  350cc twin cylinder a quiet but deep exhaust note, it really makes me nostalgic!  All my bikes have left a memory, but this one was my darling.
  I started my 2-wheel life with a 200cc single cylinder Triumph Tiger Cub, swapped to a brand-new Ariel Golden Arrow ( 250 two-stoke twin) then the 21 pictured above.  I then went on to 4 wheels, a Morgan Plus Four, but that`s another tale for later perhaps.
  But matrimony and car costs sapped my bank balance and I made other forays into motorcycle riding, Owning a 150 Ducati, a Francis Barnet 150,  more cars,  then went over to the enemy with a little Suzuki B200 , on which I think I rode further than on any other bike.
  Are there any other outwardly respectable citizens in whom this roll-call of vanished names rouses a pang?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire