vendredi 4 juillet 2014

Oh, no!



   I told you yesterday that our long drive back from the mountains had passed uneventfully, but in fact, yesterday an unpleasant shock awaited in the post. A thick envelope contained the news that I had been recorded driving at 9kpm over the 70 limit near Angouleme, and a fine of 45Eur was to be levied, together with a point deducted from my licence... This is the first time this has happened to me after many years of driving but it was a bit of a shock nevertheless.
  I was organising things to send a cheque, when I noticed that you could pay on line by bank card, so I decided to do this--I didn't fancy sending off by letter with the risk that it might go astray. I signed on to the French government site, which was very easy to use and was even in English, without my
asking! The site thanked me for paying on line and gave me a receipt to print, avoiding any future argument. A painless( well, nearly) process to put this thing behind me but will be paying even more heed in future, they are not catching me again, I hope!

  Bye for now, going to mourn my missing Euros!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire