mercredi 7 mai 2014

I-Pad a new convert

Now, I'm not really a computer buff, I have never wished for the latest machine before the old one has worn out. Indeed  there's much to be said for buying the discarded and now unloved machines discarded from those who are. Up to recently, my computer was an antique Apple Leopard bought from our friend Ade, who buys up and re-homes Apple computers rendered obsolete by progress. True, sometimes systems on these machines don't do all that the latest model can, but think of the money you save!
  However, Kim has bucked this system, as she and Al very kindly bought me for my birthday in February this new I-Pad on which I am typing this Ark. Although touched and surprised by their generosity I must admit that secretly I wondered whether I would use it much as it was very different to the desktop computers on which I was accustomed to work. However, I soon came to realise that the new machine did nearly all that the Leopard did and was so much more convenient!
  Firstly, it means I can write this seated in our kitchen diner without the necessity to isolate myself in the salon where the big machine is situated, how much more cosy! And the touch keypad is much quicker and easy to use and it corrects my spelling mistakes as I go. It will run video clips where the Leopard struggled... I am still finding new things it will do.
  Sorry if I am boring you with the enthusiasm of a new convert, and I hope that Apple won't use me as a testimonial!

  Bye for now, coffee calls!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire