mercredi 13 juillet 2011

Storm 2

Some of you may have been surprised to find a title`Storm!!` on the blog with no content... Well there is,of course a perfectly good explanation.  I was in course of writing a gripping account of the storm we had here yesterday morning when the internet went down and to re-establish it I had to quit the Blogspot programme. Although I tried to make a copy of my effort,and did in fact create a document, this was not sufficient and all my efforts to recreate the blog were in vain. All that was left was the title! If you want to read the magnum opus you will have to call round, we will give you a cup of tea..
  We did in fact have quite a storm. I was awoken at about 5 am by torrential rain and a lightning flash. I hurried down to pull out the computers and found Laika in a state, she hates thunder. I had to let her out of her sleeping-cage and comfort her as best I could. She does not like to get on knees normally and you can tell she is frightened when she climbs on.
  We had about 2 inches of rain, sorely needed.  I measure rain by the depth I have to tip out of the sheep`s dishes, a rough and ready yardstick which nevertheless gives a good indication. Our out-buildings were a bit damp but nothing to worry about and at least the house is waterproof. It`s back to normal weather tonight, a beautiful evening. Vive la France!!


                      Bye for now!
  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire