mardi 6 janvier 2015

Sad News, death of Charlotte



I haven`t felt much like blogging about it, still a bit choked up when I think of it. A couple of weeks before Christmas, our poor, trusting Charlotte, who had never received anything but kindness from us or our dogs, decided to climb the wall into our French neighbours` garden. They have two dogs, which are never walked, a Jack Russell type and a Setter, and the two of them must have set about Charlotte. I was alerted some time later by their barking, and found the kitten prone in the grass, soaking wet with the dogs barking at her. The owners were out but I rescued the kitten who was conscious but quite limp. We dried her out and comforted her, but she was obviously badly hurt and we took her at once to the vet. Despite his treatment, she died three hours later of crush injuries. We were both very sad, really not in the mood to celebrate Christmas this year.  RIP Charlotte.

  However, time moves on, and we did go  away to Lille on our usual Christmas visit to Cecile and Patrick and I think the change did us both good. I will tell in my next blog of our doings over Christmas and the start of the New Year.

 Bye for now, time for lunch!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire