jeudi 11 décembre 2014

Marooned at Morlaix!



   Well, here I am once again at the B and B Hotel in Morlaix, Finisterre  ready to spring out of bed tomorrow morning and rush down to Roscoff ferry port to pick up my Best Beloved at eight o'clock. There's just one snag--she won't be there! Due to bad weather in the channel, Britanny Ferries have had to cancel the sailing, and she now won't be arriving until Saturday morning, 24 hours late.
  To do them justice, they did let me know before I was due to drive up, and I could have postponed the stay at Morlaix a day accordingly. There was, however a snag...there always is! If you book the hotel on line and pay at the time you get a substantial discount..BUT the booking cannot be amended or cancelled, so I would have lost 50Eur including an uneaten breakfast. Bearing this in mind, we decided that I might as well stick to the plan and arrive a day early. On reflexion, the scheme did have some advantages-- it allowed for any sudden delay, like the accursed Bonnets Rouges who delayed my arrival at Roscoff on a previous occasion, and it gives me a day to recuperate from the 500k drive up before undertaking the drive back, admittedly with the benefit of a co-driver. Roscoff is one of my favourite towns and a day spent wandering round is far from a penance.

   So, here I am, footloose and fancy free, but feeling, I must admit, a bit tired. The very helpful girl on the desk advised me to book the extra day on line to get the advantage of the discount, so after logging on the I-Pad, that's what I did, so I can enjoy a sort of Bretagne mini-break. I have never had the advantage of Internet access in a hotel until I was given the Pad, what luxury!

  Bye for now, going to have a shower to use as much of my outlay as possible!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire