mardi 22 avril 2014

Serendipity--the art of finding addresses by accident



   Yesterday we had a trip to a town called Breuillet to buy a keyboard we had seen on E-bay. I had been in contact with the seller by phone to get his address but I had relied too much on our Satnav to find the spot, retaining a rather vague impression that he lived in a Rue Vinet on a new lottissement. We went to Breuillet, which was a much larger town than I had thought but by pure chance when looking for the address found ourselves opposite the very street. A helpful French house owner pointed us to the dirt road leading to the VERY new lottissement and stopping in front of one of the few completed houses I rang the vendor for more house details. Just a sec, I'll check, he said, are you driving a green Berlingo? Well you're outside my house!
  A perfect illustration of Serendipity! When I worked for CIS insurance as a claims investigator, we had to call on loads of remote addresses in Devon and Cornwall, and quite often had this experience of chancing upon the sought-after address without really looking. I wonder if I am a little bit psychic...
  I would add that the keyboard,although a bit smaller than the existing one, has pleased Kim, as it is much less complicated and she hopes to be able to play it without trying to understand huge numbers of special features. We finished off our day seeing as we were in the area, by a visit to the beaches of the Ile D'Oleron and a Macdonalds for lunch.


   Bye for now, breakfast calls!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire