samedi 1 septembre 2012

Storm Warning-- New Ark crew-member.



Those of you who see Facebook may have noticed that there is a new face chez nous, so I thought it was time to introduce the latest addition to our crew. Meet Storm, a male (?) kitten who has come to join the Ark`s members.
   Mark, our neighbour, brought him down to us on Tuesday, asking if we could look after him that day and overnight, as he was taking his daughter Elia to a camp at La Palmyre. He told us that Elia had found the very young kitten abandoned in bushes. Thinking that it was one of a litter of kittens being reared by his own queen, he added it to the mob and it seemed initially to be accepted, only to be found rejected again in the bushes. Apparently it was not one of hers. Elia looked after it a couple of days but was due to leave for her camp. Really it was difficult for us as I was taking Kim to Paris the next day to catch the plane, but one look at the tiny grey form convinced Kim that there was a vacancy in the Ark`s crew due to a couple of deaths and the possible disappearance of Lilloo, who hasn`t been seen for months. So we asked Mark if we could keep him, which was probably his cunning plan all along...
   We took him with us to Charles de Gaule in the large cat box with suitable kitten milk, a thing Mark had not envisaged. He even came in the airport while Kim clocked in and came back with me on my lone and long journey back home. Now I`m left holding the kitten, as it were.
  He`s not a LOT of trouble, sleeps the night without needing feeding (I was fearing a two o`clock feed ) and sits quietly on my knee or rather, on my left hand, when I am at the computer, as he likes to suckle my palm after he has had his bottle. Still it does use up a fair amount of time to care for a baby like that. However, I will have a caste-iron excuse for not having done as much DIY as expected, when Kim gets back!
 
     Bye for now, got to make up a bottle.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire