vendredi 28 septembre 2012

Let there be light!



   The Summer is drawing to its end, the seasons are changing and the most obvious sign is the shortening of the daylight hours at each end of the day. Where a few weeks ago I wandered out the back door at six am in full daylight, or walked the dogs for their final trot at half past eight in the evening all in daylight, now it is a very different scene.
  Running an Ark, there are numerous outside tasks that demand the use of both hands, for example walking three dogs on leads or feeding cats or sheep. It is highly inconvenient to have to use one hand to hold a torch and I have found the only answer is my `light hat`. You can admire a picture of it in use above.
  Now I am the first to admit that the ensemble appears slightly ridiculous and gives me the appearance of a coal-miner. It consists in fact of a `headlight` attached to a peaked poachers hat that I have had for a number of years to wear in cold or wet conditions. It lives on the clothes hooks near the back door and can be put on in an instant. But how convenient it is!  Wherever I choose to look the darkness vanishes, I can see to do whatever I need and I have both hands free to hold dog leads or to scoop catfood into the dishes in the open barn. I don`t think I could possibly do without it!

   Bye for now, breakfast calls!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire