jeudi 3 mai 2012

In praise of the Navigator

Canal enthusiasts will know that one of the meanings of the word `navigator` is a labourer or entrepreneur who digs a canal. Well, I have married one...
Kim conferring with an expert
  You will recall from my previous blog that we have suffered an unaccustomed level of rainfall. Besides swelling the local rivers, this has led to Kim`s veg patch being flooded. Although the water has abated slightly, a small stream was left, flowing gently through the potager. Well, Kim decided to do something about it, and has dug a drainage channel around her cultivation, which has had an almost miraculous effect, the stream dried up almost immediately. The soil will have to dry up for a while before it can be worked but at least it is no longer the bed of a river!



  I hope nobody thinks I was lying back with a cool drink while my poor wife digs ditches; In fact, I was busy mowing the cour...as can be seen above.


 Sunshine and Sox were spreading malicious rumours............






And Gremlin was letting it all hang out.

 Just another typical day at La Mort Limouzin!


Bye for now!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire