vendredi 9 mars 2012

The Aliens are coming!



  I want to warn today of a mysterious problem of which I have only just become aware. It all started with my  black and white
, knitted Llama Hat.
    I would explain that this item of headgear is very close to my heart and even closer to my head in winter. It is a knitted bobble hat (but with no bobble!) which is seldom off my head in the somewhat chilly Deux Sevres January or February not to say March. We bought it several year ago at a Llama Farm in the Pyrenees. It appears that these mountain animals have hollow fibre hair which means that garments knitted from it are both light and highly insulative. I also find that unlike a woolley hat they don`t make my head itch. A valuable possession you will agree.
    What was my despair a few weeks ago when I found I had lost it. We had gone out that morning to pick up Kim`s new stationary bike, bought from a local lady advertising it for sale on the Net. On entering her house, I stuffed the Hat in my pocket  Having loaded the bike, we called at the Mairie on the way back to chat to Sylvia the Maire`s secretary. Later that morning I realised that my Llama hat was missing, probably fallen from my pocket at one of these two locations.
  Nevertheless, I refused to believe this disaster and carried out a thorough search of all the places I might have put it without result. Kim comforted me by saying we would visit the farm again this summer and buy another one. I have had to content myself in the meantime by wearing an inferior Thinsulate cap.
   You can imagine my astonishment this morning to find the missing hat back on the coat-pegs near the back door, hiding behind one of Kim`s scarfs. I am not fooled, there is absolutely no chance I could have missed it in my search, it was definitely gone, and now it has returned as mysteriously as it went. With Kim in the UK there is no one else in the house I could blame for moving it... The only credible solution I can come up with is that it was abducted by aliens.
   Now I realise that this is not the only evidence of this phenomenon. Take the case of Lilou the black and white cat. She regularly disappears for weeks at a time and is seen no more anywhere in the region. A few days, or even weeks later, she reappears as mysteriously as s he went. I now have come to the conclusion that some strange being is borrowing my possessions, using them for a time and then returning them. It may be significant that both items are black and white. I realise the evidence is scanty, but to me the case is proved.

   Bye for now, going to check my wallet is still there!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire