mardi 6 décembre 2011

The dreaded plague!

  Sorry to report that the personnel of the Ark are assailed by a horrid cold and are far from feeling on top line. If you have noted a lack of posts lately, I must plead incapacity. We went to a handicrafts reunion with friends last Wednesday and were given a little souvenir we could well have done without!
   Kim went down with it almost immediately and as she tends to be chesty, it affected her badly. I was congratulating myself on my greater fortitude or resistance, avoiding it for several days, but spoke too soon and developed a  sore throat etc a couple of days ago.
  The extent to which the lurgy has sapped the confidence and optimism of Kim can be judged by a little incident this morning, which I hope she will not be upset in my sharing. I was sleeping soundly towards morning, when I felt a hand on my forehead and found an anxious face peering at me from a few inches away. Kim explained that she could not hear me breathing and was checking that I was OK. It`s lucky I am a quick waker up, as I suspect the next thing I would have felt would have been a violent bang on the sternum and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation! You never know with these ex-nurses!
   We are both gradually recovering,I hope, with the aid of Humex, and I hope to be able to give better news next issue.

      Bye for now, going to blow my nose!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire