vendredi 20 octobre 2017

Dowsing reminiscing for Noah and wife



  For the last few days , the water supply company has been marking the water points and underground pipe runs with orange spray paint. Yesterday , I saw one of their operatives using a long rod with a dial on top to detect the buried pipe runs, modern science at its best... However, this reminded me of a much more primitive method--dowsing.
  Many years ago, when we were still living at Plymouth , we had a friend who was a cantonier for Cornwall county Council. He lived near Looe and we were visiting him one day. He was about to trace a water pipe at his house, and mentioned he would detect it by dowsing! We were most admiring at his unusual talent, but he stated in a most matter of fact way that this was the normal method of detection and produced from his toolbox the necessary apparatus . Far from being a willow twig, this consisted of two short lengths of copper tube, cut from a water pipe. Into each, was inserted a two-foot length of stiff iron rod, bent into a right angle. You held the copper pipes in each hand and the wire, which was free to swivel , protruded in front like two pistols. He explained that if you walked over an unerground water pipe the two wires would stop pointing straight ahead and would turn towards each other to form a cross.He offered me the chance of trying it out, and steered me towards a part of his garden which was crossed by an underground main.
  Now it was obvious to me that if you allowed the two tubes to incline towards ea other, Gravity would cause the rods to cross. I therefore determined to concentrate on holding them vertical as I walked to and fro. However , I got a huge shock, when the two rods swung smoothly towards each other and crossed in front of me! Really, it sent shivers down my spine... My friend confirmed I was standing over the pipe. Kim tried next with the same result. We were both badly shocked. Apparently, this only works if a human is holding the pipes, it is an interaction between the pipes and the holder. We tried later with the more traditional willow fork but without success, that takes much more talent.
   A strange experience , which left a lasting impression.
  Bye for now from psychic Noah and wife...
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire