lundi 29 mai 2017

Ark update

I see I haven't written an Ark since goodness knows when, and I think my friends and family will think  I've run off  with the milkman! I think a brief resume of our situation would be in order.
  My health situation continues to improve after my second stroke last September . From time to time I complain that progress is slow, but Kim points out that I don't have the intensive therapy I got at the Grand Feu after the first one, so it's not surprising . One or two sessions of physio therapy per week can't compare to three or four per DAY then! It's true, but.... I can't help feeling impatient. Nevertheless, my situation continues to improve, only the left arm and hand are a little weak and slow to respond and I limp a little on my left foot when I'm tired. Still, when I compare myself to others who have suffered strokes, I feel very lucky.
  What other news? Well, today I'm feeling very happy and carefree, I have finally completed my French tax return on line with the help of Agnes, our invaluable French friend. When it was finished and confirmed I didn't owe any tax, I was so relieved , I could have kissed her!
  Car wise, things are going better, too, after several false alarms, the green machine seems to be cured of its head gasket and slow puncture problems and we are regaining confidence in it.
  Our English TV is also recovering from its sulks, the purchase of a new but second hand box has permitted it to resume service with the bonus of some new channels to explore. The original five are really all we need, when I think I was happy with two as a kid, and those in black and white!
  We are planning our usual summer holiday in the Pyrrenees in June looking forward to that. We won't be continuing on to Orthez this year, as Arlette has the decorators in, she rang yesterday . Still, perhaps a briefer stay would be better for the animals at Mort Limouzin ...
   That's all for now, got to make a snack.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire