dimanche 23 novembre 2014

Beware of the Duck!



  They look so domestic and harmless, do ducks, all fluffy white feathers and yellow feet and beak, no hint of danger about them. However, I have a couple of nasty cuts on the back of my hand to prove there is an unsuspected element of danger in handling them!

   When I let the two Muscoveys out of their enclosure into the field on Thursday, I found that instead of walking across the grass, one duck took off and flew over the hedge into the next-door field, where she is allowed, but how much further might she fly? a wing-feather cutting session clearly indicated. Accordingly, we went to grab them from their nest box at dusk the next day, but I failed to take the duck around the wings merely lifting her by the neck. Bad scheme, she flapped her wings and scrabbled her feet, raking the back of my hand, blood everywhere! Few people realise that ducks have small but sharp claws like a cat on the tips of their webs. Not deep cuts, but looks nasty, I shall be far more careful next time!!

  Bye for now, at Morlaix taking Kim to ferry, going to feed the dogs.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire