mercredi 4 juin 2014

Instant Cake Recipe (Well almost)

   My friend Christine at Matha recently introduced us to an amazing new recipe which only takes ten minutes to produce a delicious chocolate sponge. I have always been in favour of cooking that produces the goods in a short time, I cannot stand recipes which take hours to prepare to be eaten in five minutes. I have invented a term I call the Preparation to Eating Time Quotient, which divides the time to eat by the cooking time .If  this is negative, I am not impressed.
   So when I tried out Christine's cake I ' Felt like some watcher of the skies,When a new planet swims into his ken'  Well, after this build-up what is the recipe, I hear you ask. Well, here it is in all it's simplicity.


     100 grams melted black chocolate
      100 grams marg ( melted)
      100 grams sugar
      100 grams self raising flour (or flour plus half a sachet of  chemical yeast.
      3 eggs

    Stir all ingredients in a bowl, turn into a plastic box lines with cooking paper and cook on full power for 4 minutes (5 if your micro wave is 750 watts like ours ).

  That's it, your cake will be ready to eat when it cools. From start to plate in 12 minutes!! And it does taste delicious...

Of course, I have already started to play with the basic model. Try omitting the chocolate and adding one and a half table spoons of Nescafé  for a coffee cake Mmm. According to Christine, the cake freezes well, too.

  Bye for now, going to eat a slice of cake....


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire