mardi 12 mars 2013

Beware the Perils of the International Internet!



Before you all send messages of sympathy, let me state that this photo is not of current conditions here but refers to a year ago. And just as displacement in time can mislead, so can spacial displacement. Let me explain what I mean.
   We have friends in several parts of the Globe, France of course, but also America and even Australia. Now if you rely on a report of Australian weather conditions, you could well be misled. People posting are equally close in appearance wherever they are located. As long as you know where your friends are based, this should not be a problem.
  However, such problems did arrive yesterday. Kim (Mrs Noah) reported from the UK, where she is looking after our daughter Alyson after an op,  that one of her friends posting from our local village had reported that she had had to delay her shopping trip because of a thick layer of snow on the ground. Kim was worried as to how I was getting on. I was rather surprised, because the village is only three kilometers away and I have no snow, or even frost in La Mort Limouzin. I had even driven through Loubillé earlier that morning. I thought perhaps this was an extremely local phenomenon and even jokingly  wondered whether someone was plucking a goose upwind....
   The apparent mystery was solved this morning. Kim said she had since discovered that our friend, though normally based in Loubillé, was staying in the UK, where her weather conditions were much different than if she had been at home! She had sent her message on a mobile or portable, of course.
  Good thing I wasn`t huddled by the fire, waiting for the snow to cover me too!

  Amusing, though!!

 Bye for now, just going to check the grass for snowfall!
Where, what snow??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire