jeudi 7 février 2013

Listen carefully to these instructions--I shall say this only once



  Kim has given me a rechargeable razor for my birthday, in which I am very pleased. It comes, of course, with its instruction leaflet in impeccable French, but also in far from impeccable English. I am the sort of person who reads the instructions first, very different, I am afraid to say from my dear spouse, who will do so if all else fails. So I was a little nonplussed at the direction`Push the switch down and close electrical power`. And what does` Be sure the scored power is completely out (the first time) before charging, which the battery can durable.` Or ` once the shaving is over, push down the switch and cover it with the shelter.`  And the English-speaking nations are even favoured with the following warning which does not appear at all in the French version--`Do not insert the device further than the tip of the shearing blade up your nose!` !! The mind boggles!
  Enough is enough, I turned to the French version, much more comprehensible (given that you understand French!) All is now clear. Remove the plastic blade guard ( the shelter?) turn the shaver on and shave with it. Run the recargeable battery right down the first time ,which increases battery life. Simples! You could even dispense with the first phrase, few people being daft enough to try to shave with the cover on.
    Why do they think we`re such dopes?  Perhaps Kim is right after all!

    Bye for now, going to have another shave!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire