dimanche 6 janvier 2013

Welcome the Tiger!



  Among the other presents we brought back from our Christmas stay at Lille, was a new computer!  It wasn`t exactly a present, though much appreciated. A friend of Patrick, Eric Weinburger, had bought a new computer and passed on to Patrick his old machine, a Tiger OSX as portrayed above. Patrick set it up, but was not happy with it, he said it was always `bugging`. I would add that Patrick and Cécile are not fans of Apple, they prefer Windows. Cécile even said that Apples are snob`s machines!  Being of the `throw away` generation, he seized the opportunity to buy a new Windows machine and passed the corps of the Tiger to me, no guarantees.. I thought our resident expert at Loubillé could probably sort it out so accepted with pleasure. the more so as I prefer the Apple system.
   Ade Brown gave the machine a good hoovering as he said this model could be prone to overheating. He then `cloned` my Leopard`s programmes onto the Tiger and I set it up in position on our computer desk as you see.
   I find the new machine quite a bit faster than the Leopard and above all, the clarity of the screen is impressive, it has brought out details in my photos with the High Definition system. There were a few hiccups after I had set it up which gave me a fright but it now seems to have settled down from its journey and change of ownership quite nicely. Being of a suspicious sort, I have kept the Leopard as back up in the grenier but admit I would be sorry to have to go back to the old system! Fingers crossed, then, but I can`t complain..the price was right! The sole drawback of this `outmoded` computer is that it won`t run Flash player but I can live with that, especially as Ade says that Flashplayer is the vector of many bugs.

  Bye for now going to play with my new toy!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire