mardi 23 octobre 2012

Concatenations of events..



This has been an eventful couple of days among the feline side of the Ark`s passengers. Firstly, we are glad to announce the return of Lillou after an extended absence of nearly six months. Goodness knows where she goes, usually in Summer, but this time we had really given her up for lost. However, I was feeding the sheep in the dark early Sunday morning when I saw her sitting on a gatepost at the side of the field. She was fat and sassy as usual, showing no sign of any privations. I carried her back indoors where she spat at all the other animals, before settling down as if she had never left and appropriating my chair so I have to lift her up and put her on my knee each time I want to sit down. Definitely a happy surprise!
   Not so happy has been a sudden illness of our latest passenger, Storm. She had been less lively for a couple of days, sleeping nearly all the time and not raising Cain as is her wont. When she went off her food as well, we decided it was time to consult the vet. The Chef surgery was full on Monday morning, so we were redirected to Brioux, and saw Solene, who diagnosed a temperature and a bad worm infestation. After treatment, she seems to be improving slowly and we hope this will continue. Its a worry running an Ark!
  Bye for now, going to have some tea.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire