samedi 15 octobre 2011

Cutting Edge--For love or money

Looking back on previous posts, I find I haven`t blogged for some time about my hobby of collecting pocket-knives. To revive your flagging ( or non-existent ) interest, I thought we could take a look at a couple of exotics.
    What man isn`t interested in the female form, or in money? These two knives are bound to touch a chord whatever your bent ( no double entendre intended! ) The left-hand example shows a knife in the form of a well-rounded female form in what we used to call kinky boots. Something a bit unusual to have in your pocket and perhaps not an implement to clean your nails with in church. Still, it is a practical little knife in spite of its seductive form which does supply what the French call a `bonne prise en main` This one is a re-creation of a style more known in the Thirties by Etienne Issard for Hachette collections, as is the next example, even more strange.
    Imagine a knife with two blades contained in a completely round handle, reminiscent of a coin. Might even foil the airport security X-ray, though I would not like to bet on it. Imagine the nausea if they did detect you smuggling a KNIFE onto the plane! I really feel it would be a timid pilot who would be threatened into flying me to Havana ( not a place I have any yen to see ). Again the knife is quite practical and can be freely used. Open, the two blades strangely remind one of Bugs Bunny! The form used to be known as a Louis, as the original idea was to cut a large coin in two and make a kniffe from that. It would have been very small, perhaps something to clean your nails with and M. Issard has decided to make something a bit more practical, while sticking to the same form. Two unusual knives, I think you will agree, but they add a certain charm to anyone`s collection.

   Next time I return to this subject, I will revert to showing you some of the diverse regional knives which are France`s chief claim to fame chez the enthusiast.

             Bye for now.
  
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire