lundi 19 septembre 2011

Red planet, little green men...

Well, we`re safely back. Those of you who wait impatiently for the latest edition of the Ark(  both of you ) will have noticed we have been on holiday for the last week. I thought it best not to publicise on line in advance. But now we`re back I can let the world know the momentous news--- our holiday destination was none other than Mars!
  Yes indeed the Ark has undertaken a trip that all others have feared and have pioneered the advent of interplanetary tourism. We have spent the last week sampling the delights and new sensations that this unique destination can provide.
  Now I realise that you may find this difficult to believe and you may even go so far as to accuse me of deliberate untruths. You may well say that the trip to Mars takes some eight months at the speeds that space-craft can attain. However the engines of the Ark, working on a new principle, have reduced the transit time to a matter of hours. If NASA would like to write a request on the back of a suitably large cheque, I will gladly tell them how they can save millions.
   But no, I assure you that what I have said is the exact and literal truth.  Still dubious?  Well I will provide photographic evidence of my bona fides.


Here, for example is a typical Martian sunrise.


The type of rock formations often seen on the Red Planet


  And finally, Mrs. Noah  in front of the entry-sign of the Martian settlement. Look into my eyes, would I tell a lie?


 Well, no time for more now. I`ll tell you more soon about our truly out of this world holidays!


    Bye for now!

1 commentaire:

  1. Mars! Now, that's posh!

    Mrs A Taste of Garlic and I had to make do with Loubille for our hols!

    Mind you, that was pretty posh!

    All the best

    Keith

    RépondreSupprimer