mercredi 24 août 2011

There`s a taste of garlic in the soup!

Today the Ark is venturing into new and uncharted waters. Despite the deadly danger I have decided to review the site `A Taste of Garlic` run by Keith Eckstein. Keith may find this surprising, but I feel he has enjoyed several years of unchallenged liberty to knock down and drag out unsuspecting bloggers and it seems only fair that he should be on the receiving end.
  This preamble may lead my reader(s) to think that I do not like the site. Nothing could be further from the truth and I would like to add a bit of publicity in directions which were previously unexplored.
  To start at the beginning then, A Taste of Garlic reviews and lists in an amusing and readable form all the English language blogs that come to Keith`s notice dealing broadly with the French way of life, principally with people who have moved to France and are enjoying or sometimes complaining about their new life and surroundings. He reviews blogs in depth from time to time, reviews books on France,interviews unsuspecting authors, and does an excellent review of the week each Tuesday, awarding several prizes. How the fellow finds time to read and review so many blogs is a mystery to me. He has confessed to being an insomniac and I can only suppose he stays up every Monday night!
   Keith had a previous existence as a big-shot I T manager with ICL till he saw the light, dropped out of corporate life and relocated to Brittany as an abattoir temp(!) then finally as a free lance IT Support and Website design consultant. He admits a consuming (I use the word advisedly) interest in mushrooms and is also unusually fascinated by blue Citroen 2CVs and Velosolex mopeds. One can also gather from his articles a great interest in French Cuisine. It is a great honour for bloggers in France to be reviewed by Keith although his remarks are often somewhat cutting and derisive. To put it crudely he enjoys taking the p--s out of some of his victims. I have not yet had the experience of his consideration of my humble blog and I believe that this is due to the fact that the only vehicle I have mentioned is my Triumph Twentyone. a machine far too puissant for a 2CV and Velosolex enthusiast as these are powered by engines formerly used by Herr Singer...
    Seriously, though A Taste of Garlic is an unmissable site and I urge all my readers and friends interested in France to dip into it. They will find interesting thoughts and above all will find links to blogs about our way of life which will fascinate them for many a happy hour. Tap in A taste of Garlic on Google or Facebook for a unforgettable read.
    A taste to be indulged in sans modération!

                    Bye for now, going to hide from the wrath to come....

1 commentaire:

  1. Ha!

    The reviewer gets reviewed!

    I suppose it serves me right?

    Thanks anyway - yesterday was a record day for Garlic with 2,300 unique visitors!

    All the best

    Keith

    P.S. I'm so glad you didn't mention my penchant for wearing women's underwear!

    RépondreSupprimer